Improved AJAX Login and Register

Log in


Same Cost as Going Direct

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is Verification of Competency? Open or Close

    Verification of Competency, also known as VOC is an assessment method used in the workplace to ensure a worker is actually competent to operate a particular machine or piece of equipment. VOC not only gives the employer the confidence to allow a worker to operate the machine or equipment but also proves that the worker holds a valid and authentic high risk work licence or statement of attainment for the competency. The assessment can be carried out by a workplace trainer and assessor or a competent person. The method may vary but typically the worker is asked a number of questions about the machine, followed by performing a pre-start check and then carry out a small task to demonstrate that they can operate the machine or equipment safely.

  • What is a Unique Student Identifier? Open or Close

    As of the 1st January 2015 anyone who enrols into a nationally recognised training course needs to hold a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number. It is a 10 digit reference number and you can obtain your USI for free by clicking here. When you attend your next course you will be required to provide your USI to the Registered Training Organisation so that they can save your Statement of Attainments and Qualifications in the new portal. Once you have your USI, you can use the number to log into the secure online portal and view or print your certificates, it’s yours forever. The portal is linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection which means you can train anywhere in Australia and know that if you lose your training records they will be saved in this database.

  • Is the Standard 11 the same as a QLD Generic Induction? Open or Close

    No, they are not the same. The competency for "Fire" is not an exact match. The final decision rests with the SSE's at each Qld Mine Site.


    RIIERR205A Apply initial response First Aid

    RIIRIS201B Conduct local risk control

    PUADEFER201C Respond to fire

    RIIOHS201A Work safely and follow OHS policies and procedures

    RIIERR302A Respond to local emergencies and incidents

    RIIGOV201A Comply with site work processes/procedures

    RIICOM201A Communicate in the workplace


    RIIERR205A Apply initial response First Aid

    RIIRIS201B Conduct local risk control

    MISC0007 Apply Basic Fire Fighting

  • Is the Provide First Aid course the same as the First Aid completed in Standard 11 or QLD Generic Induction? Open or Close

    No, they are not the same. The HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course is a Certificate 3 level competency from the Health Training Package whereas the RIIERR205D Apply Initial Response First Aid is a Certificate 2 level competency from the RII13 Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package. The Elements and Performance Criteria between the two competencies also differ​.

  • What training does a Site Senior Executive (SSE) working on a Qld Coal Mine need? Open or Close

    To be appointed as a Site Senior Executive (SSE) for a Qld Coal Mine you need to complete a G3 training course, otherwise known as RIIRIS601D Establish and maintain the risk management system, or MINE7033 or GMIRM. The second course that you need to complete is a G7 training course, otherwise known as RIIWHS601D Establish and maintains the WHS management system, or MINE7041. These SSE courses and associated competencies have been determined by the Coal Mining Safety and Health Advisory Committee. Once you have completed these courses you can then apply to the Board of Examiners to complete the Site Senior Executive Queensland Coal Mining Legislation Examination. This examination is a two hour closed book test and you must achieve 70% to pass each section.

  • What is a public course? Open or Close

    A public course is a training delivery method which involves face to face learning and occurs at a location chosen by the Training Provider. The Training Provider will select a venue, which may include a classroom, simulator, outdoor or a combination where you will be required to do your training.

  • How do I search for a course? Open or Close

    Searching for a course is easy, just follow these steps.

    1. Use the drop down menu on the Home Page to select the course that you need.

    2. Now select the Location where you would like to attend the course and click Search.

  • How do I advertise a course? Open or Close

    1. Simply register yourself on our website.

    2. Once you've logged in use the My Courses page to add your first course.

    3. Now enter the quantity you have available on the calendar and you're done!

  • How do I book a course? Open or Close

    1. Simply search for a course on our Home Page.

    2. Select the course on a date that suits, fill in your details and select Pay Now.

  • What is Recognition of Prior Learning? Open or Close

    Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the acknowledgement of a person’s skills and knowledge acquired through previous training, work or life experience, which may be used in the assessment process. The evidence used to support recognition of prior learning is usually in the form of documentation and it is important that it is current, which means it was obtained within the last five years.